You may be thinking, “I’ll never forget that I have my child with me in the car.” Most deaths related to hot cars are not intentional. It is human nature to forget things from time to time. And, it is better to be safe than sorry. Forgetting your child only takes one time for a fatal accident to happen. Afterall, your child is irreplaceable.
On average, 37 children die from being trapped in hot vehicles a year according to kidsandcars.org. We’ve put together a list of ways you can prevent accidentally forgetting about your child in the backseat.
- Try leaving your left shoe in the backseat.
- Place your cell phone, purse, bag, etc. in the backseat.
- Put the diaper bag in the front seat after putting your baby in their car seat.
- Try talking to your child while driving to your destination.
- The BackSeat App
- Kars4Kids Safety App
- Car seat alarms, reminder key fobs, etc.
More backseat reminder technologies can be found at fatherly.com.